Tuesday, November 22, 2011


What I love most about The Family Crest (San Francisco) is that they are a band that fearlessly experiments. This performance of "Romeo" was a part of their series of daily performance for the entire month of September (yeah, yeah, I have a backlog of videos!). They performed 30 shows in 30 days, that is incredible. They also are constantly experimenting with their arrangement. They have a 6 member "core" band (4 of whom who are above: Owen, Liam, Lucas and Laura), and then invite many of their friends and musical colleagues to perform with them. Once you've performed with them, you are a member of the family, hence their "join the family" campaign, which recently was featured on a local mission district blog. They now are a family of over 200 members! 

This week they are trying to get your vote to perform at Not So Silent Night, so please go here and vote for this wonderful local SF band!
Check out their facebook page and their website for upcoming shows!

Funny story about the video performance above, immediately after they had finished warming up, I knocked my flip camera out of my second story apartment window. It fell to its demise. But Liam, the lead singer, brilliantly suggested I use my computer's camera as the second angle. Despite the demise of my camera, I'm quite pleased with what we improvised with. 

After filming, I got to hang out with the band for a quick interview. I had such a good time chatting with them! Olive, our apartment dog, also made an appearance and enjoyed the attention.



1 comment:

  1. OMFG - I fell hopelessly in love with you guys on my last day in SF, Sept. 18 at some market near Fell/Laguna. Wanted to see you guys play later that day, but had to catch my flight.

    Please, please, please keep up the awesomeness. Your sound is amazing!

    Logan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...