Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Here we are! The christening video for the In My Bedroom Shows site: Angi Lemucchi from Hurricane Roses performing a new song "The Slumber," not yet recorded anywhere else! Hurricane Roses is a Santa Cruz and San Jose-based band consisting of Angi Lemucchi, Jon Havens, Dave Cohen, Jesse Sotelo, Ethan Sanchez and Mike Arnoldi. They've been together about two years and already have released a full-length album and two music videos: Good Girl and Sophia. My personal favorite song off their self-titled album is "Sophia." In only two years, this band has received many rave reviews. They will be performing this Saturday with Big Sandy at the San Jose's Women Club, go check them out!

I asked Angi a few questions about her inspirations and writing process:

IMBS: What are some of your musical influences?
AL: Ryan Adams, Jenny Lewis, The Carpenters, Justin Townes Earle, and Emmy Lou Harris.

IMBS: How do you go about writing your music?
AL: It varies from song to song, sometimes it is a word that hits me and I'll want to write a concept around that. Sometimes it's a conversation that I'll have with someone that is hard to shake and it becomes a song. Most of the songs I write are about personal experiences and often the lyrics and the melody form together simultaneously. But for me, there is no formula.

IMBS: What is one song lyric that you wished you had written?
AL: Gregory Allen Isakov's "I threw stones at the stars but the whole sky fell."
Photo taken while filming by IMBS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...