Tuesday, October 25, 2011


I met Brad Duncan of The Living through my dear friend Kyle Skelton (of Flying Childers). After hearing him perform a small living room show at our friend Katie Hund's home, I was so excited to have him record a show! 

Like the band's musical friends Flying Childers and Bryan John Appleby, The Living is particularly gifted in song writing. "Redwoods" articulates perfectly the anticipation, hope and nostalgia brought about by leaving a home town for a new city. Not only do the lyrics distinguish The Living as a new band to keep an eye on, but also Brad's distinctive vocals (which makes me think he'd play well with Letters & Numbers when the band comes back to SF on tour!) draw you in to focus on the words being sung. Check out the recorded tracks on their site too, I love the use of the keys in their songs!

Right now The Living is recording but you can visit their band page and check out the four tracks that are already posted. Leave them encouraging comments, and if you live in Seattle, go to their shows! Also, watch my interview with Brad below, I had such a good time chatting with him on and off the camera. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...